Friday, December 28, 2007

My works and interests


My full official name is "Ramendra Nath". However, in most of my writings I use "Dr. Ramendra". I have been teaching philosophy in Patna University since 1983. I am a double gold medalist. I have done my Ph.D. and D.Litt. from Patna University. I am author of more than twenty-five books and booklets in Hindi and Eglish and more than hundred articles, essays and papers. My works have been translated into Bhojpuri, Oriya, Bengali, Gujarati,Telugu and Malayalam. I am presently working as the Head of the Department of Philosophy, Patna College, Patna University. My brief biography and my online publications are available on the web sites of the Buddhiwadi Foundation and Buddhiwadi Samaj. Some of my online publications are available on the Secular Web. Search "Ramendra Nath" on Google or Yahoo for details.

I work for promoting rationalism and humanism. I am founder, along with my wife Kawaljeet, of Buddhiwadi Samaj (Bihar Rationalist Society) and Buddhiwadi Foundation.These are internationally known organisations for promoting rationalism, humanism, atheism and secularism. Several of my publications are available on the internet. My writings "Why I am Not a Hindu" and "Is God Dead?" as well as my brief biography are available on the Secular Web. It is possible to access them as well as my other online publications, such as "The Myth of Unity of all Religions", through the website of Buddhiwadi Foundation. My new e-book "Rationalism, Humanism and Atheism in Twentieth Century Indian Thought" ,too, is available on the website of Buddiwadi Foundation. I am aSecular Web supporter and my name is featured on "Celebrity Atheist List" and "Famous Non-Believers" site. See links page of Buddhiwadi foundation for details or search "Ramendra Nath" or "Buddhiwadi" on Google or Yahoo.

I am married to Dr. Kawaljeet, my former classmate, since 1981. We have a daughter, Priya, born in 1983, who is presently studying for her MCA at Pune. She is very much interested in computers. It is possible to know about my father, mother, sisters, brothers and in-laws, as seen by her, through her web site. Dr. Kawaljeet is presently President of Buddhiwadi Samaj (Rationalist Society) and Managing Trustee of the Buddhiwadi Foundation. Her brief biography and online publications are available on the web site of these organizations.

My favourite websites:

Buddhiwadi Foundation
Bihar Rationalist Society
IHEU
Secular Web
My daughter's page

No comments: